- The program website is now launched. It contains projects, publications, software, events, and more.
Current Research and Development Projects
Projects and software are now listed on the program website .
Affiliations, Responsibilities, and Entanglements
- Non-Resident Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution. The Brookings Institution is a nonprofit public policy organization — America’s top Think Tank. Its mission is to conduct high-quality, independent research and, based on that research, provide innovative, practical recommendations that strengthen American democracy; foster economic and social welfare, security, and opportunity; and advance a open, safe, prosperours, and cooperative international system.
- Chair, Coordinating Committee, National Digital Stewardship Alliance. The NDSA is a coalition of over one hundred public, private, and governmental organizations committed to establish, maintain, and advance the capacity to preserve our nation’s digital resources for the benefit of present and future generation.
- Steering Committee, Data Preservation Alliance for Social Sciences (Data-PASS). Data-PASS is a voluntary partnership of organizations created to archive, catalog and preserve data used for social science research.
- Executive Board, Information Technology & Politics Organized Section, American Political Science Association. The Information Technology and Politics section promotes innovative work in the intersection of political science and information science.
- Board of Directors, iSolon. iSolon is a policy institute committed to exploring and advancing opportunities for democratic reform brought about by new information technologies.
- Editorial Board, American Journal of Political Science. The AJPS is the official journal of the Midwest Political Science Association. It is consistently ranked as one of the top journals in political science.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Information Technology & Politics. JITP is the official journal of the Information Technology and Politics Section of the American Political Science Association. It publishes innovative work in the intersection of political science and information science.
- Editorial Board, Social Science Computer Review, An interdisciplinary journal covering social science instructional and research applications of computing, as well as societal impacts of information technology. It is ranked 28 out of 83 in Library Journals.
- Editorial Board, Statistical Associates Publishing. Publisher of free online statistics textbooks.
- Committee member, CODATA/ICTSI/BRDI task group on data citations standards and practices. The Task Group is examining a number of key issues related to data citation, help coordinate activities in this area, and promoting common practices and standards in the scientific community
- Advisory Board, Duracloud for Research (DfR) . DfR project’s primary goal is to create a software solution and set of services that will help researchers preserve and manage their project data.
- Member, Task Force on Registering Researchers in Authority Files, OCLC Research. To develop recommendations on: whether registering researcher names in authority files is viable; the challenges that need to be addressed and overcome; the best models for channeling or funneling the registration of researcher names; mechanisms for linking among different systems; whether the potential benefits suffice to warrant the effort to register researcher names.