Where is Micah? (Upcoming Appearances)
You are welcome to contact me at any time using email, phone, skype, IM, carrier pigeon, or even fax.
And it’s even better to talk in person, when the opportunity arises. Much of the time, you may find me at MIT.
(Note that my mailing address – E25-131/77 Massachusetts Avenue/Cambridge, MA/02139 is not where my office is located.)
If you would rather not visit, perhaps I’ll be near you soon… here’s where & when you are likely to find me elsewhere:
Jan 9, Teaching a day-long IAP Course on Obtaining Funding for your Research, @ MIT Jan 14-15, participating in Scholarly Communication Workshop, School of Information, University of Pittsburgh Jan 22, participating in the ORCID board meeting, New York City Jan 31, teaching a day long IAP Course on Obtaining Funding for your Research, @ MIT Feb 25, Participating in an NIH Review Panel, Bethesda, MD. Feb 27, speaking at the Center for Digital Research and Scholarship’s Research Data Symposium, Columbia U., New York Mar 7, speaking at the Sloan/Simons Foundation Differential Privacy and Economics and the Social Science Workshop, New York Mar 19-20, virtually presenting (physically staying @ MIT) on Author Attribution and Data Citation at Beyond the PDF 2 Attending NAS Workshop on Revisions to the Common Rule Mar 26-7, participating in the National Digital Stewardship alliance joint leadership meeting, (was Washington DC, now virtual) Apr 4-5, particpating in the Spring CNI Meeting, San Antonio Apr 10-11, participating in the Mellon/Hypothes.is IAnnotate meeting, San Francisco Apr 12, presenting on public participation in redistricting, at the Midwest Political Science Association, Chicago Apr 13, awardee, Nonprofit Technology Conference, Minneapolis Apr 30, speaking on Research Identifiers at the STM Innovations Workshop, Washington, D.C. May 16-17, Keynote speaker, “Public Access to Federally-Supported Research and Development Data”, National Academies
- May 20–21, 2013. Participating in ““Preserving.exe: Toward a National Strategy for Preserving Software”, Library of Congress. Washington, D.C.
- May 22-23, ORCID Board and Outreach Meeting
- June 3-4, Keynote Speaker, 4th Anual Rosetta Advisory Group Meeting
- June 10-11, Panelist, 2nd Open Economics International Workshop
- June 19th, Panelist, ‘Open Access and Scholarly Books’, Knowledge Unlatched/Harvard Berkman Center.
- June 14-15, Participating in ”Data Citation and Research Transparency Standards in the Social Sciences.” ICPSR, University of Michigan
- Oct 29-30, ORCID Board and Outreach Meeting
- (Almost every) Monday between 2:30-4, “Topics in Privacy” at the Data Privacy Lab, Harvard University
Other plans are in the works … check back.